How To Track Lost Or Stolen Mobile Phone Using Govt CEIR Service
How To Track Lost Or Stolen Mobile Phone Using Govt CEIR Service?. Now finding a stolen or lost mobile phone is not a big problem to recover. Indian Government’s Department of Telecommunications (DoT) with C-Dot has started a project called ‘Central Equipment Identity Register’ (CEIR) to help basic mobile phone or smartphone users to trace their stolen or lost mobile phones easily with online process. Also, if you buying an old used mobile, you can check if it’s stolen or not.
This method helps in blocking the lost or stolen mobile phones across any mobile networks, and tracing these devices activities so that we can recover back the phone and prevention of device misuse. This service is totally 100% free and can use it without paying anything. Find out all the details information below.
How to Avail How To Track Lost Or Stolen Mobile Phone Using Govt CEIR Service:
Follow these steps to claim free service of tracking a lost mobile phone:
- To block a lost/stolen device, the customer has to report to local Police as per current policy.
- All the major service providers like Reliance Jio, BSNL, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea will help the DoT to track the phone.
- After that user can block the handset by any of the following means:
- Through a general public web portal and toll-free number.
- Through TSP’s specified customer outlets and through State Police.
- Step 1– Lodge an FIR with the police
- Step 2– Now inform the DoT about the incident through the helpline number 14422 or visit this website link of CEIR.
- Step 3– This has 3 main sections:
- Device Information: Enter your device information like the phone number of SIM 1 and SIM 2, IEMI 1 and 2 (to know your IMEI, press *#06# on the phone keypad to know both IEMI number of the phone before it stole and note it down or IEMI can be found on the bill/invoice/box of the phone).
- Lost Information: Select the device brand/model, upload the purchase invoice. You need to enter the lost location, lost date, police complaint number.
- Mobile Owner Personal Information: Now enter your personal information like name, address, email id, current phone number and OTP, also need to upload the identity proof like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, DL, etc. Finally, submit it to complete the process.
- Once the verification is completed, the DoT will blacklist the phone.
- The users get the latest update via SMS about the status of their blocking/unblocking requests.
- Click Here to check IMEI request status online. Enter request ID to know the live status of your phone.
- Now the mobile phone is blocked from further use.
- If anyone tries to use the device using a different SIM card, the service provider will identify the new user’s details and inform the police.
- Now the police will trace the lost or stolen mobile phone.
- Police will recover the stolen mobile and give back to the original user.
- After getting back the stolen phone, you need to unblock it to use again.
- To unblock a lost/stolen device, the user has to report to local Police that it is found. After that user can unblock the device by TSP’s specified customer outlets that were used to block the device. Or, Click Here to unblock your device online.
Leave a comment below if you have any doubt or query about this free offer. We’ll answer you all.
Details/T&C Of – How To Track Lost Or Stolen Mobile Phone Using Govt CEIR Service:
- What is CEIR: With the aim to curtail the counterfeit mobile phone market and discourage mobile phone theft, protect consumer personal data, DoT intends to implement Central Equipment Identity Registry (CEIR) that connects to the IMEI database of all the mobile Operators. CEIR acts as a central system for all network operators to share information of black-listed mobile devices so that devices blacklisted in one network will not work on other networks even if the Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card in the device is changed. The CEIR project has started on a pilot basis in Maharashtra on Sept 19 and and now service also started in New Delhi from November, and later it will be implemented across the country. The Minister of Telecommunications, Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled the CEIR portal in Mumbai on Friday, 13th September 2019.
- Main Features of CEIR Service:
- Centralized Repository of Mobile Devices: A Centralized Register that provides maintenance of all International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) records at a single location, single point of access.
- Hands-on Notifications: Automatic text reminders to make sure users get the latest update about the status of their blocking/unblocking requests.
- Be Aware of Fraudulent Devices: Check the authenticity of the device you are going to buy at the store.
- Benefits of CEIR Service:
- Easy blocking lost or stolen mobile phones across any mobile networks thus discouraging theft and reselling of theft phones.
- Facilitate in the tracking of any reported lost or stolen phones.
- Prevention of mobile devices with fake IMEIs and duplicating mobile devices.
- The risks to health or other security will be reduced due to the use of counterfeit mobile phones.
- There’re a lot of duplicated IMEI handsets exits in the system. All of those duplicate IMEI numbers can not be blocked because many unaware customers already using them as they purchased such duplicate device due to lack of proper knowledge.
- How To Track Lost Or Stolen Mobile Phone Using Govt CEIR Service a free service offered by CEIR website.
- The How To Track Lost Or Stolen Mobile Phone Using Govt CEIR Service will be soon available for anyone in the country, all cities/state users.
- Currently, there’s no fee or charges to use this service.
- Read all complete details carefully and follow and given procedures to recover your lost mobile phone easily in India.
- Till your stolen mobile phone recovered, you can check these new smartphone deals to buy a new launch phone. Also, save big on Recharge and Bill Payment.
- Check-out more new giveaway running.
- How To Track Lost Or Stolen Mobile Phone Using Govt CEIR Service Offer is launched for all user in Maharashtra and New Delhi currently.
- This is one of the new Free Product/Service Sample this November/December month in 2019.
how to apply Ceir gov help
Please follow the above given procedure to apply for this free mobile phone tracking service by Govt of India.